“Get used to different.” This is a wonderful line from the new series, The Chosen. Jesus said it to Simon when Simon began to protest the call of Matthew, a tax-collector, to follow Jesus.
Indeed, Jesus did things differently. I think He is still doing things differently.
What is Jesus doing now? I wonder. He could wipe out this virus in one swift action. A spoken word. A thought.
I am all-powerful and all-knowing and I have all your affairs in My Hands. Divine efficiency as well as Divine power is being brought to bear on them. All miracle-work is not the work of a moment as so often men imagine. – God Calling
Efficiency means “the ability to do things well, successfully and without waste”.
Power means “ability to do or act”; “a right or authority that is given”.
If God’s Divine efficiency and power are being brought to bear in our current global situation, I think that means He is well aware of what is happening. Here’s a few thoughts I have. You may disagree and that is fine with me. We can agree to disagree. But, please let’s be respectful and kind.
- We are definitely living in the last days, the Kingdom calendar is rolling forward at increasing speed.
- The Bible is true and all that it states will come to pass.
- Our nation’s leaders were put in office by God’s hand, for such a time as this. I do not know their hearts, but God does.
- There is evil at play that we can’t even fathom.
- We need to pray for our President.
- We need to pray for each other.
- We need to pray for hearts to turn to Jesus.
- We need to pray against the enemy and his cohorts.
- We need to lead with FAITH, not fear.
- We need to love, the lovely and the unlovely.
- We need to understand that faith and obedience go hand in hand. Figure out what He is calling YOU to do during this time in history. Each Believer has a task before them. We must cease to function except through Him. He must be our Supply. We must be persistent and bold.
- We need to be a people of PRAISE.
When David was hard-pressed on every side by his enemies, he was persistent in prayer and praise to the Lord. God hears the prayers and praises of His people.
O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. Psalm 8: 1-2
David had numerous enemies and Saul pursued him relentlessly to take his life. We should know that behind all the actions to harm David, Satan was at work. When Believers are persecuted and targeted, it is Satan at work because he hates us and he hates Jesus in us. But, we can pray against the enemy just as David did. We can pray David’s Psalms and use the word “we” and “our” in place of “me” and “my” because we are God’s people too.
Arise, O LORD, in your anger; rise up against the rage of our enemies. Awake, our God; decree justice. Psalm 7: 6
The Psalms are full of prayers against our enemies, and prayers and praises that can be turned back to God. David was a man after God’s own heart. We can be a people after His heart too. We can claim righteousness only because of Jesus’ shed blood. A dear friend and Bible study teacher taught that when God looks upon us and we are in Christ, He sees only Christ’s righteousness, not our sin. Therefore, we should pray and praise like the righteous.
Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31: 23-24
If Divine efficiency and power are at work, and I believe they are and if Jesus is all about doing things differently, and I believe He is, then what now?
Let’s show the world what, or rather, Who, we’re made of. Let’s show the world we’re different.
Because we are.
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. I Peter 2:2
Let’s PRAY unrelentingly against the enemy. And PRAISE unceasingly, night and day. There is power in praise and we can witness it. Need to witness it.
Join me and let’s open the book of Psalms and get busy being different.
*. *. *
By the way, I encourage you to check out The Chosen. Find it on VidAngel if you have Roku. Or download the app on your ipad or phone. I don’t believe it’s by chance that while in quarantine, this has been made available to us.